Submission Deadline: Friday, August 5, 2016, Midnight, Eastern Daylight Time.
No applications will be accepted after this date.
Applications must be completed online and submitted electronically with the required Supplementary Materials.
If you have any questions, or require further information, please contact:
Research Scholars Program Coordinator
Applications must include the following Supplementary Materials as specified:
- Completed Application Form (All fields must be completed or applicant will not be able to submit)
- Research Abstract
- Research Proposal
- If you are submitting a revision of a previous application, please download the template provided on the Program website and indicate the items that have been revised
- Applicant's curriculum vitae, resume, or NIH biosketch, inclusive of publications, if applicable
- Mentor's NIH biosketch
- Letter of support from mentor, which includes: mentor’s track record of productivity, funding, and success with prior trainees; detailed description of the mentoring plan, including available resources allocated to the proposed research project, provision of protected time and available laboratory facilities
- Bibliography of relevant references (maximum of 20)
- Detailed budget and completed budget summary
- Acknowledgement of Indirect Costs Limitation and of the terms of this award from your institution's grants department is required and must be submitted using the template provided on the Program website (Download Acknowledgement of Indirect Costs Limitation Template)
- Certification of Faculty Appointment from mentor is required and must be submitted with the Application using the template provided on the Program website (Download Certification of Faculty Appointment Template)
- Current or Pending Funding, using the template provided on the Program website (Download Current or Pending Funding Template)
- Revision of Previous Application, using the template provided on the Program website (Download Revision of Previous Application Template). Use this template if you are submitting a revision of a previous application and indicate the items that have been revised